Oracle Database 19c Upgrade Virtual Classroom Series: Release Strategy and Patching Best Practices
From Jimmy Nguyen on May 26th, 2020
Software currency – everyone wants to have access to the latest and greatest and Oracle Database users are no different.
In the past, the Oracle database had a long time between releases but included hundreds of new features and improvements. This long release cycle led to less agility in meeting customers’ requirements in the ever-changing IT landscape.
To address this challenge, Oracle has moved to a yearly release cadence allowing us to better meet your database requirements.
This interactive session will overview what the new release model entails:
- Understand the difference between Interim and Long-Term Support Releases
- What are Release Updates and Release Update Revisions and which one should you choose?
- Patching basics and principles
- Data Patch – what is it good for?
- Oracle Java VM (OJVM) patching improvements